1. Go to the summer books website above.
2. Learn about the 10 featured books and suggested “similar” books.
3. Get a book—information on the website tells you how to borrow or buy a book.
4. Review one of the 10 featured books or any of the suggested “similar” books. Review form is on the website.
5. Your review is submitted to Ms. Hanson on the website—nothing to hand in.
6. Ms. Hanson will tell your English teacher if you participated so you can get extra credit next year.
Your name will be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire if you submit a good review.
Wow! Students checked out 320 books since the beginning of the school year. Here are some popular titles
Clean by Amy Reed
Five addicts in rehab must learn how to live with each other and themselves.
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Clay receives tapes telling the story behind a classmate’s suicide.
After Tupac & D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson
A story about how one girl deals with losing her friend and Tupac.
Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
After being kidnapped and thrown in prison, two siblings discover they have magic powers.
Check out our newsletters here:
Do you love to read? Book Club will be meeting Wednesday, November 28th (room to be announced). We will be discussing After Tupac and D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson, and members will receive a copy of our next book, November Blues, by Sharon Draper. Come by the library after school to meet up!
New Catalog Feature
Our online catalog now includes Google Preview in each book record. If you haven’t checked out Google Preview, it’s worth a look. Students can read portions of a book, read reviews others have written and write their own, and rate a book on a 5-star system. Google Preview will also show students related books, biographic information about the author, and links from Google Scholar.