1. Go to the summer books website above.
2. Learn about the 10 featured books and suggested “similar” books.
3. Get a book—information on the website tells you how to borrow or buy a book.
4. Review one of the 10 featured books or any of the suggested “similar” books. Review form is on the website.
5. Your review is submitted to Ms. Hanson on the website—nothing to hand in.
6. Ms. Hanson will tell your English teacher if you participated so you can get extra credit next year.
Your name will be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire if you submit a good review.
Wow! Students checked out 378 books since the beginning of the school year. Here are some popular titles
Clean by Amy Reed
Five addicts in rehab must learn how to live with each other and themselves.
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Clay receives tapes telling the story behind a classmate’s suicide.
After Tupac & D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson
A story about how one girl deals with losing her friend and Tupac.
Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
After being kidnapped and thrown in prison, two siblings discover they have magic powers.
Do you love to read? Come join our Book Club and discover the latest and greatest young adult fiction.
New Catalog Feature
Our online catalog now includes Google Preview in each book record. If you haven’t checked out Google Preview, it’s worth a look. Students can read portions of a book, read reviews others have written and write their own, and rate a book on a 5-star system. Google Preview will also show students related books, biographic information about the author, and links from Google Scholar.